I'm pretty excited about my new builds! They aren't near finished, but I
thought you might like to see what is coming!
Claire Voyant will have a neckline lace that goes down about 12-15
inches & long flowing hair. The
little "table" you see is the space for her crystal ball. The crystal
ball is a DYI snow globe that I filled with angel hair and purple
lights. The dark rectangle you see under the table is where the
battery pack for the lights will sit. There is a hole in the table for
the light string to go through.
Dunn Gondahel is a pretty cool tombstone and pretty deep, too.
Above the opening will be a large skull & crossbones with two smaller
skulls. The background inside the opening is chicken wire with Great
Stuff and painted with red, orange & black spray paints. See a close-up
of his hands & background below. The coals will be lighted with
I found 2 tombstones that had a bride and groom. They looked pretty
cheesy, so I cut out the heads and glued them on a new tombstone. You
can see that Stella hasn't gotten much done to her. I marked where I
wanted to make her rounded. You can see how it turns out when you look
at Ricky. Stella will have monster mudded flowers around her cameo.
Ricky D. Bones
Ricky is more finished, but he's still not there. There will be
monster mudded leaves around his cameo. Both tombstones will have
bases that come up to the inside curves.
I purchased Dunn's hands from Amazon. they were almost white (see
above). I filled them with Great Stuff and stuck a skewer into each so I
would have something to skick into the styrofoam. I spray painted them
tan and added some black spray. Still didn't like the look, but I wanted
to get them set in the stone.
I placed small styrofoam pieces under the chickenwire so I could
anchor the hands. Then I placed cut up water bottles around the bottom
for two reasons: First, the spray foam wouldn't fill up the bottom
cavity (I want to add lights later) and second, I wanted to elevate the
height of the foam "coals" without making it too thick.
It worked perfectly. Now I can place my orange blinking lights
through the chicken wire and up into the plastic bottles for brighter
I hated the look of the hands and the dark brown/black coloring just
got lost in the tombstone. I purchased some tan acrylic craft paint, I
know, it looks yellow, but not in "real life!" As I started painting
them, I thought I would add a single ply pieces of tissue and paint over
them for more texture.
I also added a couple of painted loose tissues to resemble skin that
is peeling off. I plan to paint a small line of red where the "skin"
meets the hand/fingers. Then i plan to lightly spray pain the edges of
the "skin" black. I don't quite know how I'm going to accomplish the
black spray yet, so I may just end up leaving it alone.
It's getting there....
There will be two
additional yard additions: Bat Masterson tombstone and The Grim
Reaper 6 foot monster mudded statue. It's still not hot enough to do
anything with monster mud, so it may be a couple of weeks before I
can finish Claire, Stella and Ricky and later on this summer for the